Friday, March 6, 2009

Reblog: Arcade Fire vs. The Flaming Lips



Via ew.com

Argument - Wayne Cohen:
"I'm a fan of them on one level, but on another level I get really tired of their pompousness," Coyne said of AF. "We've played some shows with them and they really treat people like s---. Whenever I've been around them, I've found that they not only treated their crew like s---, they treated the audience like s---. They treated everybody in their vicinity like s---.'

Counter Argument - Win Butler:
"I can't imagine a reason why we would have been pompous towards the Flaming Lips, a band we have always loved, on that particular night, all those years ago. Unless I was way more jet-lagged than I remember, I hope I was less of a 'prick' than telling Rolling Stone that a bunch of people I don't know at all are really a--holes."