Monday, September 28, 2009

OLD NEWS: Wavves and Black Lips Go Fisticuffs

Brooklyn Vegan broke it two days ago and since we've got our hand on the pulse of hipster violence we're bringing it to you again. The update is that WAVVES wasn't involved but those on the scene spin a different tale. From BV:

Well, I suppose last night was the perfect storm. I didn't see the beginning, but I did see people dragging Nathan and Jared apart, and then Jared and a popular DJ running at Nathan again, spilling beer all over everyone (including me), and punches being thrown. The lights at Daddy's were turned on, the cops showed up, but Jared and the chick were not ready to stop fighting and were even trying to fight other people outside the bar. Jared was bloody. Nathan was fine. Insane. Weirdest indie rock moment I've experienced.



It's good to see those kids are willing to fight it out over some internet posturing.